If you haven’t already, now is a great time to start planning your RDOG (Responsible Dog Ownership) Event. As RDOG Day is a national initiative, we encourage all clubs to act as responsible dog ownership ambassadors in their communities. It’s informative, friendly and fun!
When to Hold an RDOG Event:
RDOG events begin Saturday, September 15, 2012 and lead up to a National dog walk of support on CKC RDOG Day, Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 11:00 a.m.
Promote Your RDOG Event Today!
· enter all details of your event on our website
· print off the RDOG poster, flyer and post card
· print off an RDOG arm band for dog walk participants
· take photos of your RDOG Event and email them, along with a few highlights, to firstname.lastname@example.org for posting on the CKC website.
Some ideas to help make your RDOG event even more exciting:
· hold a dog walk
· host a Canine Good Neighbour (CGN) event, with CGN demonstrations
· hold demonstrations on Obedience, Agility and Rally Obedience
· give an in-school canine safety presentation
· host a microchip clinic
· feature an expert
For the fifth year in a row, Calgary residents will be treated to a special RDOG Event, in North Glenmore Park, AB, featuring plenty of dog activities, Rally and CGN demonstrations, and more—backed by the City of Calgary. For more details about this event, click here.
So let’s hear from all other CKC RDOG Event organizers and show our RDOG spirit across the country. More further RDOG information, please go to CKC Services/CKC RDOG Day.