The Canadian Kennel Club is committed to the furthering of responsibility for the ownership of dogs in Canada. As experienced and knowledgeable dog enthusiasts, we come together as members to support the dog-owning public by educating those owners in the responsibilities associated with bringing a dog into the home. This commitment brings with it significant responsibility - to the dog, the family and to the greater community in which you live. From evaluating your readiness for a new dog, through determining the breed that is right for you, from integrating the dog into the home, through advice on health, training and canine good citizenship, CKC members in large cities and small villages, in every part of Canada provide the support, advice and guidance to families interested in canine companionship, to better enable Canadians to be responsible dog owners.
BE SMART, BE SAFE
· Excuse yourself and your dog at any sign of unsafe or objectionable behaviour
· Be courteous and respectful to the general public and other walkers
· Observe all safety precautions and keep your dog leashed and under control at all times
· Observe all local laws affecting your dog in public places
· Observe proper “Petting Protocol” when asked if your dog can be petted
· Constantly monitor your dog’s behaviour towards other dogs, strangers, and the unfamiliar
· Be focused on supporting responsible dog ownership in your community when engaging the public
REMEMBER TO STOOP AND SCOOP
A MESSAGE FROM THE CKC…BE RESPONSIBLE, YOUR DOG WILL LOVE YOU FOR IT!