CKC Canine Good Neighbour Program
Good Dogs Make Good Neighbours...
- To identify and reward responsible, caring owners and their canine partners throughout Canada.
- To ensure that one of our most favoured companions, the dog, is accepted as a valued member of our communities right across the country. Canine Good Neighbours can be counted on to present good manners at home, in public places and in the presence of other dogs.
- The test is non-competitive and allows dog and handler to demonstrate confidence and control in 12 steps. It assesses the handler and dog's relationship, together with the handler's ability to control the dog. Dogs are evaluated on their ability to perform basic exercises as well as their ability to demonstrate good manners in everyday situations.
- The training program embraces both purebred and mixed-breed dogs and is fun, rewarding, and useful. It encourages owners to have a better and richer relationship with their dogs. The program also enhances community awareness of responsible dog ownership and the numerous benefits associated with dog ownership.
- The Canadian Kennel Club encourages all dog owners to participate in the program, ensuring that our beloved canines are welcome and respected members of our communities.
For a list of Canine Good neighbour Evaluators, please click here.
For a list of Canine Good Neighbour Tests, please click here.
For information on how to hold a CGN event, how to become a CGN evaluator or how to participate in an event, please click here.
For more information and to order program materials, please contact:
The Canadian Kennel Club
200 Ronson Drive, Suite 400
Etobicoke, ON M9W 5Z9