BMO® Canadian Kennel Club Mastercard®*
Let BMO Mastercard Cover Your 2018 CKC Membership Fee
To celebrate 20 years of supporting the Canadian Kennel Club, BMO Mastercard wants to give CKC members a great big anniversary present – complimentary CKC membership for 2018!
How It Works:
||Step 1: Apply
Apply for a No Fee1 BMO Canadian Kennel Club AIR MILES†* or CashBack® Mastercard between November 1, 2017 and January 31, 2018.2
||Step 2: Renew
Use your new BMO CKC Mastercard to renew your CKC membership between November 1, 2017 and January 31, 2018.
||Step 3: Receive Your Renewal Credit
A membership renewal credit of $52 or $102* will be applied directly to your BMO CKC Mastercard account at the end of the promotional period.
*renewal credit based on 2017 CKC membership level.
FAQ for Members
- Do I still need to renew?
Yes! You must renew your membership with the CKC, BMO cannot renew for you. When you use your new BMO® CKC Mastercard®* to complete your renewal, BMO will credit your Mastercard account with a renewal credit based on your membership level.
- Does this offer apply to Basic and Membership Plus?
Yes, both membership levels are eligible! Your renewal credit is based on your membership level for 2017. If you hold a Basic Membership for 2017, your BMO CKC Mastercard account will be credited for $52 when you renew for 2018 using your BMO CKC Mastercard. If you are a Membership Plus member, your BMO CKC Mastercard account will be credited with $102 when you renew for 2018 using your BMO CKC Mastercard.
- What if I want to upgrade my membership?
That is a great idea! Membership Plus members receive many additional benefits. This offer does not cover membership upgrades from Basic to Membership Plus, but with your credit from BMO Mastercard, it feels like upgrading for free!
- Does this offer cover taxes?
No, you will be responsible for the taxes.
- How do I get a BMO Canadian Kennel Club Mastercard?
Apply online, in any BMO branch or by calling 1-800-263-2263. Please note that the BMO Sales and Service Centre will not be able to provide you details on this special offer.
- Am I eligible for the membership renewal if I apply for a World card?
Yes, you may choose to apply for the AIR MILES†* World or CashBack® World credit card if you prefer. Please review the annual fees for these cards at www.bmo.com/ckc.
- How long does it take to get a BMO CKC Mastercard?
Online applications are typically processed in 1-3 business days. Once approved, you should receive your new BMO CKC Mastercard in the mail within 5-7 business days.
- I already have a BMO Mastercard, but it isn’t the CKC card. Do I need to get another card?
No, you do not need another BMO Mastercard. Contact BMO at 1-800-263-2263 to add the CKC affinity option to your current BMO Mastercard. Once you have added the CKC option, you can use that card to pay for your membership renewal and receive the member renewal credit.
- I already have a BMO CKC Mastercard. Can I get a member renewal credit on my card?
No, this offer is provided by BMO Mastercard for new cardholders.
- When will I get my membership renewal credit?
Your membership renewal credit will be applied to your BMO CKC Mastercard account at the end of the promotional period. You will see this credit on your March 2018 statement.
- I’ve already paid for my renewal! What do I do?
This offer is only available for renewals processed between November 1, 2017, and January 31, 2018. CKC will not issue refunds for renewals.
- Will I receive multiple credits if pay for multiple memberships (e.g. for my spouse)?
No, each new cardholder is eligible for one membership renewal credit. The renewal credit is based on the membership level of the cardholder.
- I am not a 2017 CKC member. Can I use this offer to become a member for 2018?
Yes, this offer is open to new and returning CKC members. New members will receive a credit of $52 towards a Basic Membership for 2018.
- I am a CKC member, but I am not a resident of Canada. Can I apply?
No, the BMO CKC Mastercard is only available to residents of Canada.
- Does this mean CKC is sharing my information with BMO?
By participating in this promotion, you consent to a basic exchange of information between CKC and BMO solely for the purposes of confirming your eligibility for this promotion. Specifically, CKC will confirm your member status (active or inactive) and your membership level (Basic or Membership Plus). CKC will not release any additional information about you or your membership in accordance with relevant privacy regulations.
BMO Mastercard will not use your name and member status for any purpose other than to credit your account with the appropriate membership renewal credit. At no point will this information be made available to any individual or party outside of CKC and those staff members at BMO Mastercard who are directly responsible for facilitating this promotion.
- Ongoing interest rates, interest-free grace period, annual fees and all other applicable fees are subject to change. Cash advances include Balance Transfers, cash-like transactions and Mastercard cheques. Visit your branch; call the Customer Contact Centre at 1-800-263-2263, or visit bmo.com/creditcards for current rates and fees.
- Bank of Montreal (“BMO”) will reimburse your Canadian Kennel Club (“CKC”) membership fee if you apply and are approved for a BMO CKC Mastercard and you use your card to pay for your CKC membership fee between November 1, 2017 and January 31, 2018. If you had a CKC membership in 2017, BMO will reimburse your membership fee at the same level as your 2017 membership. If you upgrade from the Basic Membership to the Membership Plus, BMO will only reimburse you the amount to cover the Basic Membership. You are responsible for any taxes applicable on the CKC membership fees and BMO will not reimburse you for such amounts. CKC membership fees will be reimbursed on your March 2018 statement. You must be a resident of Canada to participate in this offer. This offer only applies to your membership fee and BMO will not reimburse you for the amount of any other memberships charged to your account.
Be a Purebred Dog's Best Friend!
BMO is one of the Canadian Kennel Club’s long standing community partners. We are working with CKC to build a successful Affinity Card Program… one that not only generates revenue to cover the costs associated with serving our membership and the community at large by giving support, understanding, help and guidance in all canine-related endeavors but also offers valuable benefits that personally reward you for using the card!
Select the card that best suits you:
- With the BMO Canadian Kennel Club AIR MILES®† MasterCard, earn 1 AIR MILES reward mile for every $20 in card purchases1 – no annual fee.² Plus, get 500 AIR MILES as a welcome bonus.3
- With the BMO Canadian Kennel Club CashBack® MasterCard, get 4.0% CashBack on all your card purchases (up to $125 cash back) in your first 4 months.4 Plus, there is no annual fee.²
You can apply for a BMO Canadian Kennel Club MasterCard on bmo.com
, in any BMO branches or by calling 1-800-263-2263.
Terms and Conditions
® BMO Is a registered trademark of Bank of Montreal. ®* MasterCard is a registered trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated. Used under license. ®† AIR MILES is a trademark of AIR MILES International Trading B.V. Used under license by LoyaltyOne, Co. and Bank of Montreal.
- Offer is cumulative over the statement period. Award of AIR MILES reward miles is made for purchases charged to your account (less refunds and excluding cash advances, cash-like transactions, interest charges, fees, payments, credit or debit adjustments) and is subject to the AIR MILES Terms and Conditions. The number of reward miles will be rounded down to the nearest whole number. Fractions of reward miles will not be awarded.
- Ongoing interest rates, interest-free grace period, annual fees and all other applicable fees are subject to change. Cash advances include Balance Transfers, cash-like transactions and MasterCard cheques. Visit your branch; call the Customer Contact Centre at 1-800-263-2263, or visit bmo.com/ckc for current rates and fees.
- Bonus Miles offer is limited to new BMO AIR MILES MasterCard accounts and will be applied to your AIR MILES Collector Account within forty-five (45) days of your first card purchase. This Bonus offer is subject to the AIR MILES Reward Program Terms and Conditions. Applications must be received between June 10, 2016 and October 31, 2017 (“Offer Period”). Limit of one (1) Bonus offer per Collector Account. All Bonus Miles will be credited in accordance with the set balance preference (between AIR MILES Cash and AIR MILES Dream balances) at the time of posting. Existing BMO AIR MILES MasterCard customers who cancel their card during the Offer Period and existing BMO MasterCard customers who transfer into this product during the Offer Period are not eligible. Your credit card account must be in good standing at the time the reward miles are awarded. Reward miles will be credited to the primary cardholder's Collector Account within two (2) business days of your statement date. If you cancel your card within thirty (30) days from the date your account is opened, all Miles earned within that period will be cancelled. This offer may be withdrawn or changed without notice.
- Offer is cumulative over the statement period. Award of CashBack rewards is made for purchases charged to your account (less refunds and excluding cash advances, cash-like transactions, interest charges, fees, payments, credit or debit adjustments) and is subject to the CashBack Rewards. The number of CashBack rewards will be rounded down to the nearest cent.
- BMO CashBack Mastercard applications must be received between November 1, 2017, and October 31, 2018. You will earn 4% cash back for every dollar spent or $4.00 back for every $100.00 spent (less refunds and excluding cash advances, cash-like transactions, interest charges, fees, credit or debit adjustments) in the first four (4) billing cycles from the account open date up to a maximum of $3,125 ($125 cash back) in eligible card purchases. After the first four (4) billing cycles or $3,125 in card purchases (whichever comes first), you will earn 1% cash back or $1.00 back for every $100.00 on all card purchases. The 4% cash back offer is limited to new BMO CashBack Mastercard accounts and will not be awarded to current or former cardholders who reinstate a closed account, product transfer, or who open a new account between November 1,2017 and October 31, 2018. Limit of one bonus offer per account. If you cancel your card within one hundred and twenty (120) days from the date your account is opened, all CashBack rewards earned within that period will be cancelled. This offer may be withdrawn or changed without notice.