Starting March 2nd all owners of unregistered, CKC-recognized breeds entering events
are required to obtain a Temporary Competition Number
TCNs are replacing the current system of entering events with dogs as “listed”, and allow dogs to temporarily participate in CKC events while they pursue permanent registration or an Event Registration Number (ERN).
TCNs can be obtained:
- A TCN must be obtained before submitting an entry for an event.
- The same TCN must be used for all event entries for a dog until the dog is permanently registered or has an ERN.
- A TCN cannot be used for dogs that require a PEN (Performance Event Number) or CCN (Canine Companion Number).
- Individuals who are awaiting a Miscellaneous Certificate Number (MCN) can temporarily enter events with closing dates no later than March 31, 2020 without a registration number. TCNs will be required.
- Online through CKC’s Portal (Note: Individuals who have not yet used the online Portal will be required to create a Portal account before they can submit a TCN application online);
- By submitting a completed paper application by mail to CKC; or
- By contacting the Shows and Trials Division Toll Free at 1-855-364-7252.
- To support individuals entering events during CKC’s current period of service delays, CKC will waive all TCN fees (previously known as listing fees) for all CKC events held between March 5th and May 5th, 2020.