Get In Touch

Entrer en contact


Général Telephone 416-675-5511 TelephoneToll-Free 1-855-364-7252 location 5397 Eglinton Avenue W.
Suite 101
Etobicoke, ON
M9C 5K6
hoursMonday - Friday
9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. EST We're open right now! Nous sommes ouverts!

Membership Plus Toll Free

Adhésion Plus – sans frais

Order Desk

Bureau des commandes

Your Club is Here to Help!

Besoin d’aide? Le Club est à votre disposition.

If you’ve lost registration paperwork or certificates due to circumstances out of your control (fires, floods, etc.), please reach out to us using one of the above methods and we can help replace your important documents.

How to Register Your Dog to Enter CKC Events

Before you compete in CKC events, you need to register your dog so CKC can keep track of results, titles and standings.

Different dogs will receive different types of registration numbers. Review the list below to find out which number your dog needs to compete.

If your dog is…

A CKC registered purebred
  • Your dog already has a CKC registration number! Find this number on the CKC registration certificate you received from your breeder. If you have lost your dog’s registration certificate, contact your breeder or the CKC at
  • Your dog is eligible to compete in Conformation shows and performance events.

A purebred, but he/she isn’t CKC registered (ie. a purebred rescue)
  • Owners of CKC recognized purebred dogs without CKC registration or documented pedigree can apply for a Performance Event Number (PEN). Fill out this form and fulfill the requirements to receive your dog’s PEN.
  • Please note: if your dog has documented pedigree but you have lost or never received your registration papers, they can be replaced.
  • Your dog is eligible to participate in performance events.

A listed breed (ie. Cane Corso)
  • You can apply for a Miscellaneous Registration Number. Please contact CKC directly to request the correct form for your dog.
  • Your dog is eligible to compete in Conformation and performance events.

A mixed breed or other unrecognized breed (ie. Puggle, Jack Russel Terrier)
  • You can apply for a Canine Companion Number (CCN).
  • Dogs with CCN’s can participate in almost any performance event including Obedience, Rally Obedience, Agility, Chase Ability, Draft Dog Tests and Tracking. As of January 2018, CCN dogs will also be eligible to compete in Herding Trials!
If your dog was born or resides in another country, you are not sure which registration number your dog needs or you would like some assistance with the registration process, please contact CKC at or call 1-855-364-7252. 
AccueilHome > News > 2017 > January > How to Register Your Dog to Enter CKC Events