Three years ago, CKC changed our preferred pet health insurance partner, from Petsecure to Pets Plus Us®. Why? Pets Plus Us offered great value, products, support for CKC’s membership and a comprehensive vision of pet health protection. As we look back on our last three years together, CKC is proud to be working with an engaged and enthusiastic corporate partner.
Pets Plus Us: Working with Members
Pets Plus Us: Working for CKC Members
- 6 weeks of complimentary coverage for all puppies bred by CKC member breeders through the HeadStart Trial program exclusively available to CKC member breeders
- Additional complimentary month of coverage for all puppy owners who choose to stay with Pets Plus Us on a paid policy
- 15% off all policies for CKC members’ own dogs
- Established the new Reproductive Coverage in direct response to CKC’s request that Pets Plus Us supports breeders with reproductive health protection
- Established the Elite Breeder Program, providing puppy kits to breeders at no cost
- Multi-year presenting sponsor of CKC’s Annual General Meeting which supported CKC’s ability to add features such as member recognition and education
Protecting Purebred Puppies:
In the last 12 months alone, Pets Plus Us has…
- Paid out $176,954.90 to puppy families receiving complimentary coverage through the HeadStart Trial
- Processed 945 claims for puppies covered by the complimentary HeadStart Trial – that’s more than 2 puppies every day! Puppies who were protected by their breeder’s decision to enroll them in complimentary coverage.
- Provided outstanding client care to families like Lucy’s, who chose to graduate from the HeadStart Trial to a permanent paid policy. When Lucy developed a kidney infection at age one, her family received $7,447 for her care.
Together, CKC and Pets Plus Us want to educate dog owners across Canada about the value of pet health insurance for protecting their pets and themselves from difficult financial decisions due to unexpected accidents and illnesses. As a puppy owner’s most trusted resource, CKC member breeders have a major role to play. Protect your puppies and join the HeadStart Trial
HeadStart Trial statistics for puppies receiving complimentary coverage between September 30, 2016 and September 30, 2017.