The Event Officiating Committee is seeking volunteers to serve as Area Coordinators and Observers as part of a new Conformation Judge Observer Program.
The Observer Program has been developed in an effort to maintain the integrity and high standards expected of CKC Conformation Judges. It will ensure consistency for judges as well as exhibitors.
Area Coordinators and Observers will work together and will be responsible for Conformation Judge Observations. Area Coordinators will be trained, and will then be responsible for training the volunteer observers in their respective zones. The term of appointment is 3 years.
6 Area Coordinators will be appointed for the following areas:
1) Atlantic Region including NL & Labrador (Zones 1 & 2)
2) Quebec and Eastern Ontario (Zones 3 & 5)
3) Central and Western Ontario (Zones 6 & 7)
4) Northern Ontario (Zone 4)
5) Prairie Provinces (Zones 8, 9, & 10)
6) British Columbia (Zones 11 & 12)
Eligibility to serve as an Area Coordinator and/or Observer is as follows:
- CKC All Breed Conformation Judges (credit towards the 5 year education program will be given)
- CKC Conformation Judges that are licensed to judge 3 or more complete groups (credit towards the 5 year education program will be given)
- CKC members with 10 years or more of current exhibiting and breeding experience, and a minimum of 5 years’ experience as either a Ring Steward, a Show Secretary, a Show Superintendent, or Show Chair at conformation shows
A copy of the full Observer Program Policy can be viewed by clicking here.
To be considered, please forward a cover letter expressing your interest to serve as either a volunteer Area Coordinator, or Observer, in this program. Your cover letter must be accompanied by a copy of your C.V. and/or a summary detailing your relevant background. Please send your submission to Sherry Weiss, Manager, Events via e-mail at email@example.com, or by mail to 200 Ronson Drive, Suite 400, Etobicoke ON M9W 6Z9, by September 15, 2017. Please indicate “Conformation Judge Observer Program” in the subject line.