The following motion regarding Limited Breed Shows at Conformation Shows was passed at the June 2017 Board Meeting:
“THAT, the Policy & Procedures Manual, Chapter VI, Section M be amended by adding a new section to read as follows:
VI. SHOWS & TRIALS
M Conformation Events
1. Limited Breed Shows
- A Club that has been approved to hold Multiple Shows, on any day of a 2, 3 or 4 day cluster will not be permitted to hold a Limited Breed Show at the same venue.
- An All-Breed Club requesting to hold a full group Limited Breed Show must obtain written permission from the Club Secretary or President of any full Group Specialty Club for the same breeds, which operate within 100 miles (160 km) of the venue for the Show(s). All Breed Clubs may hold Limited Breed Shows for specific 'Theme' breeds within CKC recognized Groups. These Limited Breed Shows cannot be for a full CKC recognized Group and must be based on a common thread within the breed specific characteristics. Written permission from Specialty Clubs is not required for Limited Breed Shows.
- Clubs holding regular All Breed Conformation Shows without limitations are permitted to hold either 1 Limited Breed Show for 1 full CKC recognized Group, or 1 Limited Breed Show for specific 'Theme' breeds within the CKC recognized groups per day. Clubs approved for more than 1 Limit Show, must include any combination of Limited Group Shows or Limited Breed Shows throughout the 2, 3 or 4 day event.
- All Limited Breed Shows must be approved by Shows & Trials Division in consultation with CKC Board member for that particular zone.
- Recording fees for all Limited Breed Shows will be the fee applicable to events where the total entry is 126 and over.”
This motion is effective immediately. Therefore, Event Date Applications with Limited Breed Shows submitted to the CKC after June 9, 2017 will be approved in accordance with the above-noted policy.