Have you ever wanted to be a CKC-Licensed Judge? CKC is thrilled to be launching Scent Detection, our newest event beginning January 1, 2019. Here’s how you can qualify and apply now
- 21 years of age and older
- Member of The Canadian Kennel Club for the past 5 years
- a) Within the past 5 years completed a CKC Excellent Scent Detection title, an AKC Excellent Scent Work Title or a SDDA Excellent Title
- An Applicant who is an existing AKC Scent Work Judge and a resident of Canada, is eligible providing the above general requirements are met
- During 2018-2021, applicants who are members of the Canadian Kennel Club and twenty-one years (21) of age or older, may provide proof of approval to judge SDDA Nose Work, NACSW K9 Nosework, UKC Nosework, AKC Scent Work or CWAG All Class Scent.
Once qualified you will be required to successfully pass an Open Book Exam as well as complete Sanction Matches where you must judge five (5) dogs at each of the following levels: Novice, Open and Excellent. This judging must include container, interior, and exterior.
Until December 31, 2019, in lieu of above sanction match requirements, the applicant must judge five (5) dogs in each of container, interior and exterior searches.
if you qualify. If you don’t, watch for details on our website
about Sanction Matches taking place soon and events in 2019 and come out with your dog and join the fun. Your qualification to judge may be just around the corner!